The CoVoP policy on Planning Guidelines is to press local planning authorities
- To be unequivocally transparent in showing the public how they were equating the proposed number of houses in their Local Plan or Core Strategy to demonstrable local needs.
- To justify by empirical evidence that the design, location and style of any planned housing matches demographic population forecasts for the authority, which are in turn based on proven forecasts of potential local economic development.
- To be robust in defence of their figures when challenged by Planning Inspectors.
- To work with the Local Government Association to centrally fund Appeals & Judicial Reviews of Inspectors decisions on key planning issues.
- To press government to include all approved planning permissions in the calculation of Local Authorities’ 5 Year Housing Land Supply.